Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I am so blessed to have so many wonderful mothers in my life. Thank you to my amazing mom that has always taught me to keep God number one in my life, always took me to church and taught me that the most important thing in life is to follow and trust in Him. I am so fortunate that I have a mom that no matter when I call her, if I need her she will be right here for me in a matter of minutes. She has taught me that family is everything and has shown my sisters and I what it is to be a loving mother.  Mom... you're the best!
Having three kids in less than three years couldn't have been easy!
Mom has always been known for how graceful she is! ;)
Mom always dressed the 3 of us alike when we were little, so this Mother's Day (2004, I think?) we came to church with these matching shirts! :)
My beautiful mother and I on my wedding day!
Not only did I have a wonderful mother to teach me so many important life lessons, I have always had my grandmother's that have taught me so much as well. My sweet mamaw Ollie and hilarious mamaw Pearl:
I was also so blessed to really get to know 3 of my great-grandmothers, and so happy to know that I have the promise to see them again one day in Heaven!


From the left to right: Lucille Miller (not my grandma, but I've know her my entire life and she is my cousin's grandma- I'll just claim her as one of mine, too- ha!), my Great-Grandma Georgia, Great-grandma Watson, Great-grandma Woodring, Mamaw Pearl and Mamaw Ollie... just a few years ago! ;)

 

I also have a wonderful mother-in-law, Winkie, that has been a great role model in showing me how to be a great wife and mother. 
My mother-in-law, Winkie, and her sweet mom, Veena

Today though, I am most thankful for my 4 blessings that God has given to me... the ones that call me mommy! (And of course I am extremely thankful for their daddy that helped in making my Mother's Day great!)

So to all of these awesome ladies in my life, my aunts, cousins, friends, etc. that are moms... Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment