Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cinco, Cinq, 伍, V, Five, 5!!!


Today, at exactly 1:43 pm, my "baby" boy will be 5 years old!
Five!!!
It seems like it was only a short time ago that we were going into the hospital to be induced, because the little guy (that still had no name) was in absolutely no hurry to come out on his own, and was already very late. Thankfully, even with an induction, it was a quick labor and delivery, and I had never been more excited as I was at that moment when they put that "little" 9 lbs. 10 oz. and 21 1/2 inches baby boy into my arms. For the first time I had become a mommy, and it was the proudest moment of my life.
I can remember bringing him home from the hospital and rocking him in his room and the tears just pouring down my face. I couldn't believe that this beautiful baby boy was mine! I was so proud of him then and couldn't imagine ever loving him more than I did at that moment. Was I ever wrong... daily my love for him increases and I am beyond proud of all that he does each and everyday (except for the fact that he refuses to EVER clean his room!) ;) Jackson loves to play outside, play with his many toys (especially his trucks), play in the creek, read (which he amazes us everyday with the new books that he will read all on his own), ride his bike and scooter, play at the park, "build" and figure things out, and being the best big brother EVER!

So today, on his fifth birthday, we will start out our day with our usual birthday pancakes (with Toy Story sprinkles per Jackson's request), and then do what Jackson wants. When I asked him what that was, his answer, to PLAY!   
I wish I could slow down time just a little bit, but I'm afraid that it is only going to go faster, especially since he is now five and getting ready to start school. (Which this mama is NOT ready for, and can't even think about without getting teary eyed!)
Here are some pictures of Jackson on his big day the past few years:

Turning One:
Turning Two:

 Turning Three:
Turning Four:

FIVE!!!

Jackson is so excited about his camping party this weekend, and hopefully we'll have some time to post a few pictures of it afterwards!
Happy birthday to my incredible, big boy. I love you to the moon and back, and then some more!  

1 comment:

  1. That is the coolest cake ever!!! Happy Birthday, Jackson!

    ReplyDelete