Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ansley's Pocahontas Party



For months now Ansley has told us that she wanted a Rapunzel birthday party for her 5th birthday. I had pink and purple plates bought, decorating ideas going through my head, and then one night just a couple of weeks before her party I said, "You know Ansley, you have a really cute Pocahontas dress." She decided then that she would rather have a Pocahontas party, and I was excited because instantly I could start thinking of easy decorating ideas. 
We had her party at Mamaw and Papaw's (because that is where the trampoline is, and when having a party if you have a trampoline you really don't need anything else, we've learned), and one night before her party my mom and dad helped me create some simple little tee-pees for the kids to play in.  
                         

The hollowed out log my dad made, was the perfect spot to put the food in, and for her birthday banner I made it out of little tee-pees and canoes. 
                         

Daddy and Ansley made a sign to hang up going into "Ansley's Village", and I especially loved the Pocahontas that Ansley Kate drew right above her name! Mamaw had some cute stuffed animals in the kids camping bedroom at her house, and they were perfect to add a little wildlife to her village.
                       

The night before the party Eric made a beautiful Pocahontas birthday cake. When I woke up the next morning, the hill on the back of the cake for some reason was falling off of the cake. Bummer. We kind of laughed about it, because at that point what else can you do. It still tasted delicious, so that is all that really matters (at least that is what we kept telling ourselves!). Ansley loved it, and she didn't even notice that by the party the entire cake was being smashed down.
                      

To go with the cake on the cake table, I made some tee-pee cupcakes and some corn husk party favors. I am so over party favors (in case you couldn't tell- ha!) and honestly forgot about them until last minute the night before the party. 
                    

At the party we made the kids some Indian headbands and let them pick out the feathers to put on them as well as what name they wanted written on them. We had several adorable Pocahontas', a "Bear Hunter", "Lil Bitz", "Mimi-Bear", and of course, "Birthday Princess."
                   
Leslie and Cheyenna painted the kids faces once again since they enjoyed that so much at Elsie and Vada Belle's party, and the "rice tub" was a huge hit as always:
                   
A few fun family shots:
                 

A little break from playing to eat:
                 
Fun moments with family and friends:
                  

Time for singing "Happy Birthday" and Ansley blowing out her candles:
                 

Present time!:
                 

When we got home that night the kids were exhausted (and I was glad that the next day was Labor Day so they could get a little more rest), but they kept talking about how much fun they had. On our way taking Ansley to dance the next day, Ansley says, "Mommy, I had SO much fun at my Pocahontas party," and Jackson replies with, "Yeah, it was pretty epic." I love those sweet little conversations. 

Happy 5th Birthday, Ansley Kate! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. You guys sure do know how to have fun!!! Looks like everyone had a blast!!! Love all your outfits and decorations...what great parents Ansley and the Clifton children have!!! I see some mighty cute little Indians!

    ReplyDelete