Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Happy Valentine's Day! 
Today was another snow day at home from school, which at first the kids were pretty upset about because who doesn't love being at school on Valentine's Day (it was always my favorite day of school when I was little!). I told them that they would still have their party when they went back and they were fine after that.
When we were little on every Valentine's Day, my mom would always draw hearts on the bathroom mirror with lipstick and then write our names inside. I still do this with my kids, and Jackson was especially excited when he saw it this morning. He asked what I wrote it with, and I told him lipstick. A little while later I walked into my bathroom to see both mirrors covered in lipstick, and then later noticed in Ansley and Elsie's room a nice portrait made out of lipstick on their window (Ansley evidently wanted to get in on the fun, too.) I now have a lot more mirror/window cleaning than I planned on. :)
We spent all day at home, but daddy took the big kids out sledding when he got home from work which they loved, and Mamaw Di and Aunt Jessica stopped by to visit us. We then cooked a nice meal, got our "mailboxes" we made (out of envelopes) off our doors and read our Valentine's from one another, and as you can see, Vada Belle REALLY enjoyed her Valentine's cupcakes.
We hope you all felt lots of love on this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment