Friday, March 16, 2012

Our Little Bookworm

Lately Jackson has found a wonderful new hobby. . . . reading. He loves to read to me and eric, to his sisters, to anyone that will listen to him, by himself in his bed when he is suppose to be "resting" or going to sleep at night, but seriously, how do you tell a 4 year old that he has to put the books away and go to sleep. Read on, sweet boy- until you fall asleep with that book over your face like you have done many times before!
When I was younger some of my favorite books were the Little Critter books, by Mercer Mayer. I can remember my mom reading them to me over and over again and thinking they were so funny.  Fast forward many years later. . . . I was getting ready to go out on maternity leave from a job I loved so much (because I worked with some of the best people!) and one day my wonderful friend, Sharon Rucker, had me a handful of Little Critter books to take for "baby boy Clifton" (since he still didn't have a name!) that had been discarded from the library. I had no idea at the time that I would be using these books so much while teaching that little baby boy that was in my belly how to read, and how fast the time would go until I was teaching him to read! So, thank you mom for instilling the love of Mercer Mayer's book in me, and thank you Sharon (who by the way is not only a great friend, but was also my kindergarten teacher, the teacher I did my student teaching with, and my mentor when I was teaching!) for giving Jackson his favorite books!
Jackson reading "I Was So Mad"

Jackson reading "First Day of School"

No comments:

Post a Comment