Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy 30th, Tiffany!

I love surprises, but I don't love keeping them.
These past few days (weeks...) have been kind of difficult because I've had to keep a surprise from one of my sisters, Tiffany.Yesterday was her 30th birthday, and her husband, Mark, threw her one heck of a surprise birthday party! Now, Tiffany and I talk several times every single day, and it was so hard for me to not let it slip, or to say something that would give it away that she was going to have a party. I couldn't pretend that we weren't doing anything for her birthday because we always do something. I would suggest things that we could do, but was then wondering what I would say if she thought it sounded like a good idea. I couldn't help but laugh when I asked her if maybe she would be interested in going to the Dierks Bentley concert in Boone. Her response, "Well, Mark has invited Emily and Justin over for a cookout (which was going to be located at their mountain house... the location of the party) so I guess we'll be there. I told Mark that if it is a cookout then who would be doing all the cooking? Me. He told me he would take care of it, but we'll see how that goes. Not my idea of how I want to spend my birthday. So, all of you just come over there and I guess we'll be having a cookout." This was a couple of days before the party she told me this and she had no idea what all her husband had planned for her! I know she never imagined that he had rented out a bounce house and obstacle course (which were enjoyed not only by the many kids there, but also the adults!)














Some delicious food catered by Woodlands Barbecue,
an AMAZING band from Atlanta, Georgia, called Drivetrain that adults and kids both enjoyed singing and dancing along with,
Tiffany & Mark

and some yummy & beautiful cake (made by Emily Cunningham) and amazing cookies (made by Lorrel).
Beautiful cake, Emily!

The birthday girl with her sweet family while being sung to for her birthday! 

Mark had not only invited her family and friends from the Boone, Trade, and Zionville area to come, but there were friends there from Greensboro, Charlotte, Asheville, and Elisabeth won the award for traveling the farthest, coming all the way from Texas! What a fun and memorable birthday party for everyone... great job, Mark! Happy 30th birthday, Tiffany! We love you so much! xoxo
Tiffany, Dad, Amelia & Mom
 
My best friends & wonderful sisters.

Singing to the birthday girl!

A little something extra for you.... Daddy & Jackson had some nice air guitar playing going on! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment